- galaxy-of-fury likes this
- upstairsinmysocks reblogged this from redlightpolitics
- upstairsinmysocks likes this
- ialwaysshinebitches likes this
- lapommeverte likes this
- vicucha reblogged this from ivih and added:
- paradiserainbow reblogged this from piponessa
- kyyhky likes this
- berseker reblogged this from sipmiau and added:
- sipmiau reblogged this from chibigaby
- ivih reblogged this from chibigaby and added:
- airefrio reblogged this from chibigaby
- sipmiau likes this
- chibigaby reblogged this from redlightpolitics
- vicucha likes this
- xer likes this
- sherrinford221b reblogged this from redlightpolitics
- silentstreets reblogged this from redlightpolitics
- silentstreets likes this
- gastoncito reblogged this from redlightpolitics
- ladyofleisuredc likes this
- jessica-messica likes this
- wthellokitty likes this
- thewherefores likes this
- bumsquash likes this
- thesargebag said:That’s not even that bad. Have you ever seen an American movie set in Washington DC? I mean, you’d think they’d get the NATION’S CAPITAL right, but NOPE! SKYSCRAPERS EVERYWHERE!
- ailatansmindpalace reblogged this from redlightpolitics and added:
- espritfollet likes this
- lastbutnotleast said:I haven’t seen the movie, but isn’t it set between the ’40s and early ’60s? How old are you?
- thebadmonkey said:Hollywood doesn’t care. Watching “Rio”, I almost got ejected from the cinema while expressing my disgust at the blatant dismissal of the vast cultural differences between Mexicans and Brazilians. Blah.
- se-smith likes this
- paolaandfrancesca likes this
- maguimpalor said:I can’t watch the beginning of When Harry Met Sally b/c they’re driving north on LSD to get to U of C, which is south on LSD.
- maguimpalor likes this
- redlightpolitics posted this
[Mild spoiler alert]
I nearly forgot to post about this. There is this part when young(er) Magneto goes after Shaw (the villain) and supposedly, Shaw is hiding in Villa Gesell, Argentina.
This is where Magneto lands:
[Image description: a mountain area with a wooden house, surronded by meadows covered in vegetation]
And this is what the real Villa Gesell (the beach side area, where the nearest mountain is perhaps 1,000 km away) looks like:
[Image Description: a seaside town, with tall buildings and a sandy shore with a crowded beach area]
Yep, suffice to say, the Villa Gesell of X-Men looks nothing like the beach town where I spent many a childhood vacations. But don’t let Hollywood get in the way of a visually stunning landscape (incidentally, the place they feature as Villa Gesell is actually Bariloche, a ski area around 1,500 km South, in the middle of Patagonia). I guess someone pointed at a map and said “Yeah, somewhere over there; they all look the same anyway”.